Where is it?
The Miami Grand Prix takes place at the Miami International Autodrome which is a temporary structure put up for the race each year. The Autodrome is in a suburb of the city called Miami Gardens, close to the centre of Miami and only 5 miles from the ocean and double that from the cruise port.
The circuit is about 12 miles from Miami International airport, but can also be access easily from Fort Lauderdale Airport, which is even closer.
What’s the Miami Grand Prix circuit like?
The circuit is created in the grounds of the Hard Rock Stadium and is on what are normally private roads. It’s 5.4KM for a lap and features 19 corners and one very long straight. The average speed on the lap is around 140MPH.
There are three DRS zones, so overtaking is relatively easy, but the circuit is very slippery in the early stages of a Grand Prix weekend while rubber is being laid down, making practice an incident packed experience!
What sort of race can we expect?
2022 was the first running of the Miami Grand Prix, and it was run on a super hot weekend, which caused some tarmac issues, and to a sell out crowd.
It attracted a lot of celebrities, including Tom Brady, Dwayne Wade and wife Gabrielle Union, Serena and Venus Williams, David Beckham, Tommy Hilfiger, George Lucas, Bad Bunny, Karlie Kloss, Michael Strahan, Ashton Kutcher, and more.
The race itself was a relatively quiet affair until a lap 40 safety car provided some excitement.
Why go to this one?
It’s Miami! The crowd is fantastic, the location epic, and the race will be the highlight of visiting one of USA’s most interesting, diverse and exciting cities.
From Miami, you also have easy access to other parts of Florida, or to the Florida Quays.
Where’s the best place to watch?
Being a purpose-built track, all the grandstands offer excellent viewing with large TV Screens to capture all the action. The cheaper grandstands have bench seating, with the more expensive ones offering flip up individual seats, with shade from the sun.
As always the grandstand at the start / finish area is the most expensive, and is especially so at this circuit.
If you want to enjoy a party atmosphere, choose the marina grandstands – there are three which overlook the high speed turns 6 to 8. Our choice would be turn 1 north and south, which give you a good overall view of a decent amount of the track.
When is it?
5 May 2024
Miami Grand Prix Offers
7 night package from £2299pp (published 02/08/23 TP)
- Direct flights with American Airlines (23kg hold included)
- Departing 2 May 2024 from Newcastle, Manchester, Glasgow or Belfast City
- 7 nights at 4* RIU Plaza Miami Beach, deluxe room city view, bed & breakfast
- Return shared airport transfers included
- Based on 2 adults sharing
- North Beach Grandstand F1 3-day tickets included
- Deposit £1000pp
5 night package from £1829pp (published 30/08/23 TP)
- Depart 1 May 2024
- Heathrow (direct)
- 3* Chelsea Hotel, Miami & Campus 3 Day Pass £1829pp
- 4* AxelBeach Miami South Beach – Adults Only & Campus 3 Day Pass £1999pp
- 3* Chelsea Hotel, Miami & Campus 3 Day Pass £1869pp
- 4* AxelBeach Miami South Beach – Adults Only & Campus 3 Day Pass £2039pp
- Manchester Premium Economy Special from +£559pp
- Edinburgh, Glasgow or Belfast
- 3* Chelsea Hotel, Miami & Campus 3 Day Pass £1889pp
- 4* AxelBeach Miami South Beach – Adults Only & Campus 3 Day Pass £2059pp
- Both hotels have 1 king or 2 queen bed rooms, room only
- Return private airport transfers included
- F1 ticket upgrades
- North Beach Grandstand for +£75pp
- Start/Finish Line Grandstand +£1199pp
- Deposit from £675pp Campus Pass, £750pp North Beach Grandstand or £1700pp Start/Finish Line Grandstand
7 night package from £1769pp (published JT 22/09/23)
- Depart 1 May
- KLM flights from London Heathrow
- 7 nights at 3* Collins Hotel, standard room, room only
- North Beach Grandstand 3-day F1 tickets
- Based on 2 adults travelling
Let’s book it!
We can arrange your travel arrangements to the Miami Grand Prix including flights, hotels, transfers and F1 tickets.
Get in touch with us by calling free on 0800 810 8404 or completing the form below: