Where is it?
The British Gran Prix is held at the home of British Motorsport – Silverstone in Northamptonshire. Along with the Italian Grand Prix, it’s the only one to have been held every season since the current championship started in 1950.
Silverstone is equidistant to London and Birmingham, and can be easily accessed from both. The race is held in the summer months, and usually enjoys good weather although there’s always a good chance of rain.
Most of the current formula teams are based close to the circuit, so it’s used regularly for testing, and it has the feel of a “home” Grand Prix for many of them.
The race regularly attracts over 150,000 fans, with 60,000 in grandstands and 90,000 opting for general admission.
What’s the circuit like?
It’s an absolute cracker! Built on the site of a world war two airfield, it’s super fast, with very long straights and high speed corners. It’s largely flat, meaning you get great views from all the grandstands.
They layout creates loads of room for grand stands, and plenty for spectators who can stand on the famous hill to watch the race.
Expect to see speeds of over 300KMH, and cars can take the famous Copse corner flat-out.
The circuit is 5.9KM long and the race is over 52 laps.
Lewis Hamilton is the Kind of Silverstone, having won the race there no fewer than seven times in the last thirteen years. In terms of teams, Ferrari are the most successful constructor, with 16 wins, closely followed by McLaren, with 14.
Why go to this one?
- It’s a classic venue
- There are loads of options and price points for tickets
- The Red Arrows display at the start is always breathtaking
- There’s always an amazing after race concert, with some very famous special guests
Where’s the best place to watch?
There are just so many options for The British Grand Prix, with no fewer than 15 grandstands to choose from. As well as the usual main straight / pits stands, there are further gran stands at all the key corners on the circuit, and most offer different levels of hospitality.
Budget will probably be the key driver, as you’ll have a fantastic experience in any of them. Prices for a three day grandstand ticket range from about £380 to about £750.
Silverstone offers a huge number of general entry tickets, from about £200, which will get you into the inside of the track. Grandstands are a better choice, as the inside can get very busy.
When is it this year?
16th July – FP1 – 1130
16th July – FP2 – 1500
17th July – FP3 – 1200
17th July – Qualifying – 1500
18th July – Race – 1500
British Grand Prix Offers
Choose from the following 4 different hospitality packages, or contact us if you want to add in extra nights accommodation for a longer stay.
Heritage Club Package
Prices start from £1,415 per person for the Heritage Club package.
18th July 2021, based on 2 adults sharing 1 nights accommodation at Whittlebury Hall on a half board basis with parking and Heritage Club hospitality.
- Special access to inner track areas such as the FIA Formula 2 & 3 support paddocks
- Spectacular views over the old pit straight and iconic Woodcote corner
- Casual best-of-British dining and a classic beverage menu
Legends Club Package
Prices start from £1,890 per person for the Heritage Club package.
18th July 2021, based on 2 adults sharing 1 nights accommodation at Whittlebury Hall on a half board basis with parking and Legends Club hospitality.
- Soak up the unparalleled views of Silverstone’s world famous Brooklands and Luffield corners
- One of the most thrilling views of the track as the cars screech out of the DRS Zone
- Enjoy flowing bubbles with a superb selection of fine British fare
Ignition Club Package
Prices start from £2,090 per person for the Ignition Club package. 18th July 2021, based on 2 adults sharing 1 nights accommodation at Whittlebury Hall on a half board basis with parking and Ignition Club hospitality.
- Views of six of Silverstone’s famous corners give you better angles that the cameras could possibly hope for
- On race day a knowledgeable compère and guest speakers will guide you through every turn
- A daily menu of fine British cuisine, a bar and free-flowing champagne
Fusion Club Package
Prices start from £2,290 per person for the Fusion Club package. 18th July 2021, based on 2 adults sharing 1 nights accommodation at Whittlebury Hall on a half board basis with parking and Fusion Club hospitality.
- A vibrant party atmosphere that centres around stylish top-tier hospitality and an exquisite menu
- Witness the dash to the finish line from the outdoor terrace or the traditional grandstand
- Receive access to the exclusive Fusion Lounge race day after party