We’ve created this reference page to help our clients travelling shortly have official travel information to hand.
Check your destination country is not on the UK’s red list for international travel.
UK Passport Check
Make sure that your UK passports are still valid for travel to Europe, as your expiry date may be sooner than the one printed in your passport. If you have had extra time included on your renewal, this is no longer valid since Brexit.
Fully vaccinated travellers can download or request a Covid-19 Certificate for international travel.
Please note that from the 1st November 2021 the UK Covid Vaccination Certificate is linked to the EU Digital Covid Certificate. The PDF versions that can be downloaded for print from the app, are only valid for 30 days.
- England: Download the NHS App or call 119 to request a copy by post. The postal request should be made within 4 weeks of your departure date and takes approximately 5 working days to be received.
- Scotland: Download the NHS Scotland App or get a record of your vaccination status or call the helpline 0808 196 8565 between 10:00-18:00 to receive a copy by first class post.
- Wales: Download your NHS Covid Pass or call 0300 303 5667 between 09:00-17:00 to request a Covid Pass for essential international travel. NB. it can take up to 10 working days for a certificate to arrive.
- Northern Ireland: Download your CovidCert NI or call 0300 200 7814 on weekdays 08.00-20:00 for a paper version which could take up to 10 working days to arrive.
Travelling to Spain
Official websites to help with planning a visit to Spain.
- FCDO advice for Spain (UK advice for travelling to Spain)
- Travelling to the Canary Islands (Canary Islands official advice)
- Spanish Health Ministry (risk status for European & third countries)
- SPTH (health form to be completed by all visitors)
- Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (entry advice for Spain)
- Canary Islands Covid Insurance (protection for visitors with Covid in resort)
Travelling to Greece
Official websites to help with planning a visit to Greece.
- FCDO advice for Greece (UK advice for travelling to Greece)
- PLF (form to be completed by all visitors & Greece Official Visitor Information)
- Greece App (Visit Greece App with information for visitors)
Travelling to Cyprus
Official websites to help with planning a visit to Cyprus.
- FCDO advice for Cyprus (UK advice for travelling to Cyprus)
- CyprusFlightPass (form to be completed by all visitors)
- Visit Cyprus (official visitor information for Cyprus)
- Country Status (list of countries & categories)
Travelling back to the UK
Official websites to help with returning to the UK and government approved Covid test providers for day 2 & 8 tests.
- PLF (form to be completed by all travellers to the UK)
- Travelling back to England
- Travelling back to Wales
- Travelling back to Scotland
- Travelling back to Northern Ireland
- Approved test providers
More frequently now, passengers are being challenged to produce the email booking confirmation for their day 2 test at check-in or UK border control. This is to try and eliminate those abusing the system by continually using the same booking reference on their PLF forms. If you can’t easily access your emails to prove this during your travels, we’d recommend printing the confirmation off to add to your travel documents in case of a challenge.
Help to complete forms
These guides have been produced by the Covid 19 Travel test help and advice Facebook group (NB: not an official organisation / authority):
Don’t start completing before 48 hours to you arrival time in Spain.
The website is easier to navigate than the app version.
Don’t register when prompted, just continue completing the form.
It’s not necessary to upload your Covid pass.
If there is more than one person travelling, complete a group / family form, individual QR codes will be emailed to your address.
If you can’t edit or retrieve your form before completion, start again and put a 0 (zero) in front of your passport number.
Summary for Spain
For fully vaccinated UK residents travelling from the UK to Spain, there are a couple of additional steps to your usual holiday preparation.
To fly out:
- Order or download your official Covid vaccination certificates
- Order your Day 2 Covid test for travel to UK
- Complete the SPTH form within 48 hours before your arrival in Spain
To fly back:
- Complete the PLF form in resort within 48 hours before arrival in UK
- Take your Day 2 lateral flow Covid test in UK within 2 days of arrival