We’ve created this reference page to help our clients travelling shortly have official travel information to hand.
Check your destination country is not on the UK’s red list for international travel.
UK Passport Check
Make sure that your UK passports are still valid for travel to Europe, as your expiry date may be sooner than the one printed in your passport. If you have had extra time included on your renewal, this is no longer valid since Brexit.
For travel to Europe, check that your passport has not been issued more than nine years, nine months prior to the day of your return from Europe. Generally your passport should be:
- less than 10 years old on the day you enter (check the “date of issue”)
- valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave (check the “expiry date”)
If you have more than 10 years between your issue and expiry date, additional time was included on renewal.
Check the entry requirements for the country you are travelling to https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
The FCDO have asked the European Commission to clarify the 10-year rule. Their guidance for Schengen border guards may not be updated until the spring of 2022. Until then, for some Schengen countries your passport may need to be less than 10 years old during your whole visit, and the 3 months at the end of your visit may need to be within 10 years of your passport’s issue date.
Fully vaccinated travellers can download or request a Covid-19 Certificate for international travel.
Please note that from the 1st November 2021 the UK Covid Vaccination Certificate is linked to the EU Digital Covid Certificate. The PDF versions that can be downloaded for print from the app, were initially valid for 30 days, however from May 2022 they are now valid for 6 months.
The European Commission agreed that from the 1st February 2022 Digital Covid Certificates will only be valid for 270 days from the second vaccination. If more than 9 months have passed since being fully vaccinated, a booster will be required. Check the entry requirements for the country you are travelling to https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- England: Download the NHS App or call 119 to request a copy by post. The postal request should be made within 4 weeks of your departure date and takes approximately 5 working days to be received. Children aged 12-15 can request an NHS COVID Pass letter from 13/12/21 by calling 119.
- Scotland: Download the NHS Scotland App or get a record of your vaccination status or call the helpline 0808 196 8565 between 10:00-18:00 to receive a copy by first class post.
- Wales: Download your NHS Covid Pass or call 0300 303 5667 between 09:00-17:00 to request a Covid Pass for essential international travel. NB. it can take up to 10 working days for a certificate to arrive.
- Northern Ireland: Download your CovidCert NI or call 0300 200 7814 on weekdays 08.00-20:00 for a paper version which could take up to 10 working days to arrive.
Travelling to Spain
Official websites to help with planning a visit to Spain.
- FCDO advice for Spain (UK advice for travelling to Spain)
- Travelling to the Canary Islands (Canary Islands official advice)
- Spanish Health Ministry (risk status for European & third countries)
- SPTH (health form to be completed by all visitors)
- Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (entry advice for Spain)
- Canary Islands Covid Insurance (protection for visitors with Covid in resort)
FCDO official advice “At least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having received a booster jab. There is no requirement for 14 days to have passed between receiving your booster jab and entering Spain. Booster jabs can be administered at any time prior to travel to Spain.”
SPTH entry form requirements changed on 21 May 2022.
Anyone who is fully vaccinated (and boosted if 2nd vaccine is over 270 days) with an NHS Covid pass
OR: NHS recovery pass
OR: anyone under 12 years of age
does NOT need to complete an SPTH form
You can check the validity of your Covid Certificates here: https://www.spth.gob.es/spain-validator
The SPTH QR code is still required if the traveller:
Has a certificate of a negative PCR test (12-17 years old and adults)
OR: has a valid private recovery certificate
Travelling to Greece
Official websites to help with planning a visit to Greece.
- FCDO advice for Greece (UK advice for travelling to Greece)
- PLF (form to be completed by all visitors & Greece Official Visitor Information)
- Greece App (Visit Greece App with information for visitors)
Travelling to Cyprus
Official websites to help with planning a visit to Cyprus.
- FCDO advice for Cyprus (UK advice for travelling to Cyprus)
- CyprusFlightPass (form to be completed by all visitors)
- Visit Cyprus (official visitor information for Cyprus)
- Country Status (list of countries & categories)
Travelling back to the UK
Official websites to help with returning to the UK.
- Travelling back to England
- Travelling back to Wales
- Travelling back to Scotland
- Travelling back to Northern Ireland
Help to complete forms
These guides have been produced by the Covid 19 Travel test help and advice Facebook group (NB: not an official organisation / authority):
Don’t start completing before 48 hours to your arrival time in Spain.
The website is easier to navigate and more reliable than the app version.
Don’t register when prompted, just continue completing the form.
It’s not necessary to upload your Covid pass if struggling, you must have a copy with you for a documents check on arrival. It tends to be quicker through the airport if you have uploaded your details.
If there is more than one person travelling, complete a group / family form, individual QR codes will be emailed to your address.
If you can’t edit or retrieve your form before completion, start again and put a 0 (zero) in front of your passport number.
For 2 jabs select “complete regimen”, for 3 jabs select “booster” at the vaccination section.
Complete 1 form per adult, children go on adult forms.
Please don’t attempt to scan in QR codes, just click No as per the guide!
Only complete within the 48 hours prior to arrival time to the UK